Free Computer Courses
The Tairawhiti Technology Trust is pleased to offer the Computer Training courses from 2020 Trust free to people in Tairawhiti.
The training takes places using a username and password to access the learning materials online. The TaiTech Hub at Ka Pai Kaiti in the Kaiti Mall has several internet connected computers to use for the training and a tutor is available to get you started and to help and advise you during the sessions.
A registration process takes place to make sure that you can undertake the online learnings and once you have done training on a topic you can sit a diagnostic test before sitting the final exam for that topic.
The training is available on 7 modules:-
Four base modules:
- Computer Essentials (how computers work)
- Online Essentials (how to use the internet)
- Word Processing (using Microsoft Word)
- Spreadsheets (using Microsoft Excel)
Other optional modules:
- Presentation (using Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Online collaboration
Participants of the course need to be:
- Existing students already enrolled with Tairawhiti Technology Trust;
- Referrals by Work & Income;
- Computers in Homes graduates;
- Other unemployed people.
© Tairawhiti Technology Trust. | Powered by EC Websites